Monday, August 18, 2008

Gracie's Birthday Hamburger

Once a year I give Gracie, my beagle, a hamburger for her birthday, which I celebrate around the day she walked into my life, August 9. This year she's probably about 15 years old. We've spent 12 years together, and I can say that every day of those 12 years she has made me laugh!

Each year, I've enjoyed watching her wolf down the celebratory meal. In the past, she would eat the patty and then eat one side of the bun, while she then buried the other half either in the yard or the couch. This year there were a couple of surprises! The celebration took a whole 2'45" (not counting the post-consumption search for more). Here's the video.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE AND TO HER DEVOTED MOM. Eating a hamburger right about now somehow doesn't appeal. Hmmm. is this your ploy to convert some of us to the vegetarian way?

Sr. Suzanne Fitzmaurice, OSB said...

This weekend Judy Sutera went driving around the area and came across a story of a hermit who lived in the area - in both a cave and in a hollow tree in Weston. He was suppose to be an Italian Noble who immagrated after a broken romance - I think he was hiding from disgruntled family. Who would think of a Kansas cave hermit!

Clay-Edward Dixon said...

You should post more videos of Gracie!!!

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

My answer to Katie: If watching this video inspires a reduction in meat consumption, I will certainly post more! I never thought my Gracie would be a means of promoting vegetarianism, but that works for me!

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

Clay-Edward: Be careful what you ask for!

The next video: Gracie snoring....that's bound to be get some comments!

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

Suzanne, Fascinating story...I want to know more!

Kevin Omi said...

Threw me off balance, which is probably a good thing, because it reminds me of the benefit of "mixing it up" on blogs. Your love for Gracie is part of your identity and hence ministry, so thanks for extending our understanding of the holy!